Thursday 7 April 2022

The best of the Seekers

For the past one or two fortnights, I've been hearing The Seekers being played quite randomly over the BBC's radio stations which I tune in regularly on the Internet. For some reason which I cannot fathom, two of their songs seem to be stuck in my head day and night. This is not a bad thing but it is not a good thing either. Usually, I can dismiss a song that's stuck in my head within 24 hours but I'll Never Find Another You and Georgy Girl are rather stubborn. Ah well.... 

Needless to say, I do possess their compilation compact disc and vinyl records which are gathering some dust in the cabinets. It's time that I give them an airing. Curiously enough, both the vinyl records bear the same title.


Side One: Morningtown ride, A world of our own, The carnival is over, Sinner man, Walk with me, The times they are a-changing
Side Two: I'll never find another you, When the stars begin to fall, Some day one day, Turn turn turn, We're moving on


Side One: I'll never find another you, A world of our own, The carnival is over, Someday one day, Walk with me, We shall not be moved
Side Two: Morningtown ride, When will the good apples fall, Island of dreams, Open up them pearly gates, Emerald city, Georgy girl


No comments: