Thursday 23 June 2022

Loaded days

Google Location tracked my movements over the
past five days. 
I'm rather tired today and for good reason. For the past five days I've been travelling out to the island for various functions. and everyone knows how tiring it can be when crossing the bridge during peak hours. But luckily I don't have to go to the island today. Well, almost had to, actually, but at the end decided against it. 

Last Saturday, I had to attend a meeting at The Old Frees' Association in Northam Road. I'm not in the Management Committee, thank goodness for that, but in the adhoc OFA Centenary Committee which is looking into the activities as the association marches on to its 100th anniversary next year. There are many things planned but I hope we can achieve them all. Will depend on the response from the members as well. If it is lukewarm towards an activity, we may not proceed that it. It's that simple!

Then on Sunday, it was to attend the OFA's annual durian party at the Anjong Indah lookout point in the middle of the island. As I've already written something about this durian feast, I won't say much more about it again. But after my wife and I left the lookout point, we proceeded to Balik Pulau in search of laksa at our favourite coffee shop but unfortunately we found the owners washing up the shop already. We were too late! So we proceeded on a little tour of the island's south-western region before going home.

Monday saw me cross over to the Farlim area on the island. It was a last-minute decision to attend the wake of a parent of one of my Swee Cheok Tong's committee members. 

After that on Tuesday, we attended the first day of this year's SemiconSEA exhibition at the SPICE Arena and Convention Centre. But before that, we drove to Teluk Kumbar to meet up with someone. Initially, I wasn't too keen to attend the exhibition but once there, I found it so interesting that when my wife suggested coming back on Wednesday, I agreed readily. Also on Wednesday, we attended a Potatoes USA cooking promotion at the Wembley St Giles Hotel in Magazine Road. 

That's why after all these activities, I'm rather thankful to remain rooted in Bukit Mertajam today and hopefully, for the next few days too.


No comments: