Saturday 1 April 2023

Too big for my wall


Nope, this wall clock does not belong to me. I had just brought it back from the clock shop, Tat Seng, in Bukit Mertajam. They had donated this clock and another slightly smaller one to the Nandaka Vihara meditation centre quite some time ago and the mechanism on this one had become faulty. Traced to a leaky battery that had corroded the contact points at the back of the clock. The clock shop had offered to change the mechanism and I had brought the clock to them. It was ready to be returned to the Nandaka Vihara but first, it found a place in my house for overnight storage. I hope the workers at the meditation centre will be more diligent with changing the batteries from now on. It's easy to be lazy with their duties especially when things don't belong to them personally.


No comments: