Tuesday 26 June 2007

Body mass index

Sigh...I've just been told that I'm fat. Not by my family or my friends or my enemies or my doctor but by all things, the Department of Statistics Malaysia!

I was looking through their website when I chanced upon this link called Body Mass Index. Curiosity got the better of me. I went to the page and dutifully filled in my weight and height, and then clicked on Calculate. I shouldn't have.

Ouch! It told me, rather undiplomatically: "You are fat."

Do I look fat? A bit over-weight perhaps, but fat? I still have my stamina and can climb the BM Hill faster than my wife. And she goes for regular aerobics exercise! And I can climb the hill at a consistent pace without stopping. Okay, okay...maybe once or twice to catch my breath and allow my wife to catch up with me, but I still make it to the top of the hill. It's more than what I can say about other people my age.

I think the department's BMI calculation is slightly out of whack. I really do.

1 comment:

Eu Hong said...

No worries. I am even worse. :P
Cheers!!