Saturday 23 June 2007

Kenny Sia's 15 minutes of fame with me

Wow, gosh, wahlau-eh! You wouldn't have guessed who bumped into me today!

I was at the Gurney Plaza in Penang to take a brief look into a gathering of Penang bloggers at the foodloft restaurant. This get-together, organised by Nuffnang, was a good idea to let the bloggers here meet, eat and get to know one another better.

Me? Though you'd know that I blog here and here, I don't consider myself as a typical Penang blogger. Almost all of them at foodloft would have to call me Uncle and you know what that means. If you are unsure, click here.

So, I was there simply to meet the Nuffnang people and ask them more about what they actually do and what they can do for me. I was just about to leave when Mr Malaysian Blogger himself walked into the restaurant!


Yes, that's him, all right! Kenny Sia of kennysia.com and that's me. SS Quah of ... well, I'm the reason you're reading this! He had hardly stepped into the restaurant and here he was, already posing for his first photo shoot. Bummer! I should have charged him RM100 for the opportunity. :-)

I was wondering why he was suddenly feeling homesick for Penang food when suddenly, the mist lifted! Oh yes, the Penang marathon. I had half forgotten that this chap has a life's ambition to run the Penang marathon which includes a complimentary return trip across the Penang Bridge. Lucky...he didn't have to pay RM5.60 from his Touch'N'Go card (or RM7 if you prefer cash) like the rest of us.

Good luck, Kenny, with all the goodness of Penang food in you, I hope you really burn, baby, burn all those calories away! Glad to have met you, mate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kenny...he's everywhere!

We'll see his PG Marathon post soon

kennysia said...

Hi SS,

Thanks for sticking around and meeting up! Nice to finally say hi to you in person. :)