Sunday 24 June 2007

Things purple

I must admit that Purple gets me rather worked up. I don't get emotional but I get worked up.

I can tolerate Donny Osmond when he told the world he was wearing purple socks. He did it with such panache that you know that you could not take him seriously. He's pretty much down-to-earth.

But I can't tolerate Prince when he sang about his Purple Rain or his other zillion and one songs. I've never been a fan or his. I find him rather ridiculous and very pretentious. Silly guy, preening here and there.

I guess my aversion to things purple have now spread to, of all things, purple buildings. About three or four years ago, I was already commenting to my friends about this house along busy MacAlister Road that's painted in hues of purple. It was very striking but a talking point.


Then, later, Northam Tower at the junction of Pangkor Road and Northam Road was completed. Lo! A Purple building! Certainly another talking point for people. I hope it will be the last of the purple buildings in the city. My system sure can't take another one!

No comments: