Wednesday 1 August 2007

Getting away scot free!

It's a record of sorts that I am blogging about local environmental issues for three days in a row.

On my way to work yesterday, I noticed this school bus belching smoke from its exhaust. Unfortunately, I was unable to photograph it at its worse because my camera was not ready. And when the camera was ready, the bus refused to put on its worst show for me.

Yet, I was fortunate enough to have snapped evidence of its pollution of the environment. I pity the motorcyclists who had to suffer when the bus passed them by. They were caught by surprise.

This is the first shot from my camera. At first, it was just a very modest cloud of exhaust: a very small phoot!


Then, as the bus accelerated, the exhaust smoke became darker and developed more body: a much bolder phooot!!


Until the driver finally thought what the heck and decided to step on the acceleratorl. If you think this huge cloud of dirty exhaust was bad enough, let me tell you that it was much, much worse just moments earlier when my camera wasn't ready: phoooot, braap!!!



The bus registration number is KAJ 3417, in case you are looking for new four-digit numbers to buy for this weekend.

No comments: