Tuesday 31 July 2007

Bank Rakyat

This is an open letter. Please feel free to add your voice in support or opposition to my letter. Alternatively, you can help the environment and the world we live in by favouriting my blog or linking to it:

Dear Bank Rakyat,

I came into the Hotel Equatorial yesterday morning. When I was parking my car, I noticed that someone had stuck a poster on one of the walls in the parking lot.


I'm glad that your bank takes good care of your staff by organising activities such as this Treasure Hunt. I'm sure your staff had lots of fun driving from Kuala Lumpur to Penang on Saturday and then driving back on Sunday. Treasure Hunts promote team work, which is such an important ingredient in achieving results today. Where will we be if we don't have team work?

But I'm digressing. When I was parking my car, I noticed this mess in the car park. Don't you think it's a lovely mess? Discarded plastic bags, discarded styrofoam lunch boxes, discarded bottles, discarded what-have-you....


Of course, I'm not saying that your staff may have done this. I'm sure it's merely coincidental that they were around the hotel when the rubbish was dumped here on Sunday. But I'm hoping that during the Treasure Hunt activity, none of your over-zealous staff were rummaging through this dustbin and others to discover some undiscovered treasures inside them. That would reflect very badly on your organisers, wouldn't it? That would reflect very badly on your bank too, wouldn't it?

Glad that you agree with me. So I hope that anyone who is thinking of planning a fun trip in the future to my lovely pearl of an island will think hard about spoiling the environment again.

Regards and have a nice, clean day
SS Quah
Penang, Malaysia

No comments: