Thursday 18 October 2007

The green hill that I'd not known previously

The environment is important to me, especially the greenery around us. In my opinion, there is nothing more therapeutic than to be surrounded by nature. Take a short refreshing hike or walk and take in the sights and sounds of nature, and you'll understand what I mean.

In honour of Blog Action Day last Monday (15 Oct 2007), here are three photographs taken of my nature walk around the forestry park at the Bukit Mertajam Hill on the same day.

No, I did not choose to take the well-beaten tar road that most exercisers would take for their morning or afternoon walks.

No, this time I chose the lesser trod hill trek that took me through wondrous greenery, past delightful waterfalls (albeit small ones) and beside water trippling and dancing its way down little streamlets.

So here are just three of the images I captured with my Dimage Z5 digital camera. There are more but do enjoy these first.



2 comments:

TZ said...

wow! it's refreshing to see the greenery... any leeches when you hike up the waterfall? The only barrier for me to hike in Malaysia is leeches and snakes. :-(

I still remember my trip to Danum Valley @ Sabah. There, i enjoyed 3 days of fresh air with the vegetable smell that would not happen in Kuala Lumpur or Penang
:-p

Jeffrey Chew said...

SS- you are my idol.