Saturday 20 October 2007

I just don't understand

I was at the Sony outlet at Gurney Plaza this morning. I wandered to their mobile phone counter and was minding my own business when one of their sales staff came up to me.

"Is there anything I can help you with," the chap gushed. So I asked him, how much is the Sony Ericsson K550i? Around RM900 was the answer.

I was surprised. "RM900? But I know it is selling for only RM740." I was even more surprised by his confident answer. "Yes, that must be the original handset."

Gosh, if RM740 is the price quoted on the mobile88.com site for the original Sony Ericsson K550i handset, what is it that the Sony outlet is selling for RM900? Does it come with the memory card, I ventured further. No, he answered.

Boy, what's happening?? I just don't understand the logic.

1 comment:

Jeffrey Chew said...

Originals - distributor took it from Samsung. They pay tax on it. Non authorized bought handsets from other countries - no taxes paid. Local distributor will not honor defects or services....so there you have it - the world of parallel imports Mr Quah.