Wednesday 17 October 2007

Light on my feet, bounce in my walk

Sigh ... I've reached that stage in life where (almost) everything hurts. Lately, I'm finding that I can no longer stand or even walk barefooted for long. My heels would start aching badly and it's not a sensation that goes off immediately when I take the pressure off my heels.

Last weekend, I did the unthinkable. I bought a pair of pseudo-Crocs slippers from a department store here. I wanted to buy a pair for my aunt but I ended up buying one for myself instead.


I say pseudo-Crocs because they are not the original Crocs pair of slippers. But you can hardly tell. Sure, there are subtle differences but I can't tell them apart. However, I do know that when I put them on and I stand up, my feet feel comfortable. No pain in my heels. Moreover, the slippers now gives me a slight bounce in my walk.


Don't you think my feet look rather dandy in this pair of slippers? Nice pair of ankles to show off too. Unfortunately, my son feels otherwise. Dad, he told me, you'd better not walk outside the house in them. You look ridiculous. I did a jig in front of him in my pseudo-Crocs slippers. Dad, he winced now, don't do that. It's painful to watch you.

Sigh (again) ... what am I supposed to do now with this pair of RM13.90 slippers? Accede to my son's suggestion or continue wearing them? I think I'll continue wearing them. At this stage in my life, practicality supersedes vanity. My feet are more important if they are to continue supporting me for the rest of my life. I'm sure inwardly, he agrees with me.

No comments: