Saturday 8 December 2007

Giggs' 100th Man Utd league goal


Ryan Giggs scores his 100th league goal in 519 league appearances for Manchester United. "It's a great personal achievement. Not many people have done it so I'm really pleased," he Welshman said after today's 4-1 demolition of Derby. "It was an important goal in the game but now I can also enjoy that it was my 100th league goal."

"Not many players have scored 100 league goals. The service Ryan has given us, quite apart from the goals, is outstanding. I'm surprised there was no announcement. Maybe no-one knew but I certainly did. It is a fantastic achievement, absolutely marvellous." - Sir Alex Ferguson

"He's a fantastic footballer. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves as a player for what he has achieved but he's probably one of the best players I've played with, if not the best, and continues to go from strength to strength. He will be appreciated more when he's retired. When we go abroad he's respected a lot more in foreign countries than in this country. When people throw names around saying someone's done this or done that for the Premier League, he very rarely gets mentioned. It's a shame we are not appreciating a player who's probably the most successful footballer of our generation." - Rio Ferdinand

No comments: