Sunday 13 April 2008

OFA AGM 2008

I've just returned from the most long-drawn annual general meeting of the Old Frees' Association in Penang. Some would claim that it was boring.


There were so many issues to discuss and the Chair did not play his part to keep proceedings short. As a result, by lunch time, the meeting was only at the seventh of about 15 items in the agenda.


I remember a friend telling me once that the OFA AGM was one of the very few occasions where he could enjoy listening to debates in good English. I can only say that it's also an occasion for those members who love to hear themselves speak. As for me, I went there to cast my vote for the new Management Committee. Very seldom do I fail to exercise my voting rights, just like in the recently concluded Malaysian General Elections. BTW, I left after exercising my luncheon rights, because I had another meeting to attend.

No comments: