Sunday 13 April 2008

Penang's third symbolic sex organs?

Ever since I wrote about Penang's two symbolic sex organs about a month ago, I've received considerable comments - verbally and by email - from friends and complete strangers. Incidentally, everyone took it in good humour and no pricks (pardon the pun) felt outraged over the matter.

Well, just today, I came across a news item saying that the second bridge over the Penang Channel will cost around RM4.3 billion. United Engineers (UEM) will build the land portion and be in charge of making the structural girdles while China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) handles the construction of the sea portion.

What struck me about the bridge design is that there will be a pair of circular observation decks somewhere in the middle of the span.


Already, I can't rein in my imagination. It's running wild. I can't wait for them to be built. You know why? If the artist's impression is really correct, the decks will feature some exciting designs to complement our two existing sex organs. Can you imagine .... by 2011, Penang can also boast of owning the world's biggest pair of tits? Ooh, the anticipation!!

No comments: