Sunday 7 September 2008

Inefficient new Penang Bridge blog

Ever since a few weeks back - I think it was the end of July when the authorities announced the ban on heavy and slow-moving vehicles from using the bridge during peak hours - when I noticed the old Penang Bridge blog was being reorganised, I had stopped visiting the site. Until this morning.

So what do I see now? The new Penang Bridge blog is up and running, but what a big waste of resources! It's laughable, pathetic and completely amaterurish. I don't understand how they make decisions.

The landing page shows a map of the coastal highway on the island leading to the bridge with its various bridge cams. However, if you want to see any of the bridge cams on the mainland side of the bridge, you'll have to pull the scroll bar horizontally all the way to the right.

Add to the adjectives I had used earlier, this makes it just about the dumbest web design I've ever seen.

But that's not all. What about the vast expanse of water between the two land masses to the north of the bridge itself? Here, take a look at what I saw. Stupid dumb-asses, the people behind the Penang Bridge blog. Did they employ a six-year-old to design this? What a big joke!

The saddest part of the web site? When you want to click on the link to enlarge all the bridge cams, the message you'll see is: "The specified server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary overloading Please try again later." I say .... I accessed the website at 7.10am on a Sunday morning. How many people are wide awake to attempt an access of all the bloody cameras on a Sunday morning until they are overloaded?? Sheesh!

What, lah!

No comments: