Wednesday 24 September 2008

More BM Hill tidak apathy

I've always been concerned about the soil erosion at the Bukit Mertajam hill and I've highlighted the condition at this part of the forest park many times already. You can't miss it if you use the track that runs beside the stream that flows through the park.

The Penang state forestry department is just not doing their work. Nobody at the department seems to give two hoots about the environment or its conservation. Irresponsible, that's what the people in the department and their workers are.

Last Friday as I went on my weekly hill track, I noticed that a part of the embankment was almost close to collapse (below). The soil had already given way and it would be a matter of time that we'll lose the earth and the tree. Tell me, are we going to lose the whole hill and have it washed to the sea? I know that I'm being overly dramatic but how many more times do I have to write about the inaction before action is taken?

No comments: