Monday 29 December 2008

BM Hill's NATO: no action, talk only (Part Two)

I took a decision last night that I would climb up the BM Hill this morning. I was well rewarded for my effort. Truly enjoyed the solitary climb up the hill track. But met only about three or four people along this path. Only the sound of my own footsteps and panting. Tea hut was shrouded in mist. Loud people talking away with abandonment there, so I chose to sit well away from them to enjoy the fresh air and the mist. Cool breeze on my face brought with it just a hint of dampness (well, it did rain late last night).


Being there at the tea hut, I felt quite unhappy that someone had felled two sturdy trees for no apparent reason. Whoever did this was really irresponsible. Why would they want to do this to trees that provide shade to weary people who rest beneath them? All I can say right now is that nobody has been made accountable for this destruction of nature.


And talking of destruction, again nobody at the state forestry department or state government cares about the erosion at the forest park. The erosion at this particular spot is GETTING B I G G E R. This has been my constant beef in the past few months. Bringing it up again and again, a promise made after another promise but eventually, nothing gets done and everything gets forgotten. Sigh...

1 comment:

speedrider said...

I also just stepped up at BM Hill a few days ago. But very penat wo...