Monday 30 March 2009

Lucky decision

My family was heading south yesterday morning. We were about to pass by the Taiping Utara exit on the North-South Expressway when my wife asked whether we could have an early lunch at Taiping. I gave it a momentary thought and said that the diversion into Taiping would cost us another hour and an half, something we could hardly afford, and we would be late arriving at our destination. So we gave Taiping a miss.

And what a lucky decision it turned out to be. We could have been caught in a horrendous traffic jam in the town due to it being nomination day for the Bukit Gantang by-election:



Photos borrowed from here. There are lots more impressive pictures from the Zorro Unmasked blog. I hope with this tremendous support shown for the Pakatan Rakyat candidate, Perak will be well on its way to recover its hijacked democracy.

1 comment:

Jeffrey Chew said...

I was there lar...