Tuesday 31 March 2009

Marking his territory

I've been agonising over this for quite a while, undecided whether to speak my mind on this little matter. I'm bound to be stirring up a little storm in a tea cup but ... why does the Province Wellesley Municipal Council (a.k.a. Majlis Perbandaran Seberang Perai) close an eye on traders like him?


There are many like him but this chap is the boldest of the lot. He has his stall at the Kampung Baru market in Bukit Mertajam and I know he is only trying to do his business. However, he shouldn't be abusing his licence by encroaching into the common area. Left unchecked, he's been stacking up his baskets beyond his stall so that he can create extra shelf space for his vegetables. I feel it is not right when he takes away passage space that's meant for the people to walk. Worse, these traders do it openly under the watchful eyes of the council enforcement officers. Makes me wonder why nothing is being done to educate these stall holders while petty traders outside the market are chased away.


No comments: