Saturday 4 April 2009

When the birds start leaving the nest

Tonight, my wife and I are experiencing a preview of what's to come when the birds have finally left the nest. My daughter's still in KL, struggling through the last semester of her course at the Universiti Tun Abdul Rahman. Meanwhile, my son left for KL last night with his friends to participate in a taekwondo tournament. So that's left only the two of us at home: alone, lonely but together. All we hear tonight is the pitter-pattering of falling rain. Otherwise, the house is very quiet without the two of them. Is this the future for us? Is this what happens to every family when their children have all left home? We miss them....

... but I think it calls for some celebration too, don't you think so? Don't get me wrong, we still miss them terribly but it's not going to stop us from going out for dinner by ourselves (no, not the candle-lit one but just a simple dinner at a local restaurant in Bukit Mertajam). Yum yum, here are the two dishes we ordered:

Fish head curry....

Braised pork legs...

No comments: