Tuesday 26 January 2010

Woe is me....

Sunday had been terrible from my perspective. I was completely occupied with doing nothing but household chores.

Problem is, you see, we weren't able to hire a help from any of the maid agencies in town because they were all already fully booked. Normally, we would be able to get one from an agency to help us clean the house ahead of Chinese New Year but I guess we left it too late this time around. Not that we were procrastinating. We had been looking around the agencies since Christmas.

So what can we do then? Fall back on the old hubby, of course. My wife looked at me and said that since I wasn't office bound for the time being, I'll have to spend some of my time to spruce the place up. Okay, lah, I'll do it.

As a result during the weekend between running around to see one or two potential clients for my estate planning business (of which I'm attempting to pick it up again) and playing host to my Singaporean friend who had been travelling to the mainland the past few days, I've been knocking cobwebs from the ceiling, wiping the walls, mopping the floor, climbing the ladder and sorting out the wanted papers from the tons collecting in the storeroom. And that's just 10 percent of the job done. Woe is me....

1 comment:

longkin said...

Good for you to do some housework. You need the exercise. It is also rather relaxing to your mind. By the way, how was Avatar 3D? After watching, what is you conclusion - real or fantasy? Just like 9/11 was staged...?