Wednesday 10 February 2010

Worms update

It's been almost three weeks since my old school pal, Derek, went back to Singapore. Back in January, he had spent five or six days in Bukit Mertajam at a Chinese sinseh's shop trying to find the elusive cure for his sinus problem.

Ever since then, he had been ringing me now and then from Singapore to report on his progress. When I say progress, I really mean it because every time we talk, there's nothing from Derek except words of praise for the sinseh. He says it was well worth the time and money spent on the treatment.

My friend doesn't suffer from sinus problems in the morning nowadays and he says that even his hearing has improved remarkably. If ever there is living proof that the treatment does work, the proof is in my friend. Even his cousin, who is a doctor, couldn't believe it but sometimes, you see, you have to believe in the effectiveness of non-Western medication.

Derek's enthusiasm really knows no bounds. Not that I'm complaining. I'm very happy for him. Anyway, he called again today to say that he has convinced one of our mutual friends in Singapore - and as it turns out, he's another old school pal of mine - to come round to Bukit Mertajam just to see this sinseh fella And, he had asked, would I mind showing him around? Mind? Perish the thought. What's more important to me right now is to reconnect with as many of my old school friends as possible. So, no, I wouldn't mind at all. In fact, I'll gladly be his tour guide for the day....

No comments: