Tuesday 6 July 2010

George Town Festival 2010: Streets come alive

Tomorrow is George Town Heritage Day, the day when the streets in the inner city will come alive with activities to celebrate the second anniversary of George Town's UNESCO world cultural heritage status. I was enjoying the festive air last year and I know that I shall be enjoying it again this time. However, it's with a lot of regret that I have to forego the morning and afternoon programmes. There are other personal matters to attend to, which means that I am only free for the evening programmes.

But never mind, I still intend to have a good time. However, I haven't decided where to go yet but it's quite likely that I shall make my way to Armenian Street and Pitt Street for the showcase of traditional food and craft. And a pop into the Khoo Kongsi is called for too, for maybe if the time is right I can catch the brief Beijing Opera performance. Mustn't forget the lion dance on high poles at the Cheah Kongsi. If it's anything like the performance during the Chinese New Year, I know that this one is going to be equally breath-taking.

Yes, it's going to be an interesting evening...

No comments: