Sunday 17 October 2010

Google Street View in Malaysia?

In the last few days, I've noticed that the Pegman symbol that sits on the zoom toolbar of Google Maps Malaysia had quietly turned from grey to yellow.

I got excited. Did it mean that Google Maps' Street View has finally arrived in Malaysia? I thought so at first. Felt ecstatic about it. I couldn't wait to drag the Pegman from the toolbar into the map itself.


The moment I did so, my excitement went down a notch. No, Street View is still not available here. All that Pegman pointed to were pictures that people had uploaded to Google, and these appeared as blue dots on Google Maps. I wouldn't have minded this too much except that many of the pictures were either irrelevant or inaccurate. If Google is serious enough, the company should implement Street View in Malaysia as quickly as possible.


No comments: