Tuesday 9 November 2010

Golden coincidence

For quite some time now, I have been taking on-and-off peeks at the price of gold and have been noticing its upward trend since goodness knows when. For the past two weeks or so, the gold price had been hovering around USD1320 to USD1380 per ounce. This morning as I sat down at the computer, a little message flashed to inform me that as I was sleeping, the gold price had broken through the USD1400 mark.

The first words that came to my mind were Bloody hell. Only last night, I was watching the sixth episode of the original Hawaii Five-O's first season. In that show, Steve McGarrett (John Lord in the role) and his gang were trying to bust a gold smuggling ring (sic). The price of gold being negotiated at that time? In 1968, it was only around USD40 per ounce. Gosh, what a difference a few years have made!

1 comment:

MAHAGURU58 said...

When I was working at Berkat Jewellers opposite Kapitan Keling Mosque in the 80s, 916 @ 22 Karat Gold was being sold at RM36 per gram.

Today its retailed at RM157 per gram!

Imagine that? If only I had invested in some gold back then and kept it till now?

Hehehehe...