Friday 4 February 2011

Reunion dinner

This is already the second day of the new Chinese New Year but this is the first real opportunity to sit at my desktop computer to do some updates to this blog. Partly, this is because I've just managed to get my hands on the camera which holds the pictures of our reunion dinner.

For the past few years, ever since we moved to Bukit Mertajam, it has been the steam boat. I told my aunt a few days ago that we should be cutting down on the amount of foodstuff on the table. Always, we have been unable to finish them. This year, although she did cut back on the food, we were still unable to clear the table. Maybe it is a good sign because traditionally, it means having an abundance for the year. But I should also stress that our food never go to waste. It'll be into the refrigerator for all the uneaten stuff; to be brought out again and reheated in the next few days.

Anyway, I'd like to wish everybody a Keong Hee Huat Chye again on the occasion of the second day of Chinese New Year.

By the way, today is also the Coming of Spring, otherwise known as Li Chun. So if you haven't gotten ready all the square pieces of red paper with the character Huat, to be stuck on your family rice urn at 12.34pm today, please go and do it now. Happy Li Chun to you too.

No comments: