Sunday 10 July 2011

Bersih 2.0, you have my respect

I am astounded by the depths which the federal government has plunged into by trying to prevent the Bersih 2.0 rally from taking place at the Stadium Merdeka. I am upset by the way that the police force has been used to harm the people of this country. I am sickened by the constant denials spewed by Najib and company. I laugh with derision at the Home Alone "tin kosong" who chose to hide behind his wife's sarong while urging his goons to go for a stroll by the lake. However, I am deeply proud of the 50,000 fearless participants that were out on the streets of Kuala Lumpur.

This is the rally that will change people's perception of what a stupid and power-corrupted federal government will do to retain power. They may have tried to cover wool over our eyes but they cannot silence the anger that's all within us. We have seen and heard what actually happened n Kuala Lumpur yesterday. We have seen how our fellow Malaysians in faraway countries have supported Bersih 2.0's cause by holding events of their own. We have heard how the callous police force fired their tear gas cannisters into the Tong Shin Maternity Hospital grounds. What if the patients, expectant mothers and newborn babies were endangered? Yes, najib and company have a lot to answer with their suppression of people's right to be heard.

To my Malaysian brothers and sisters who participated in the Bersih 2.0 rally in Kuala Lumpur on this eventful date, 9 July 2011, I deeply salute you!

1 comment:

Lon Jon said...

YES!!!! Salute salute Salute!!!!
Wished to be there too except my mom kept on nagging me not to go. My mistake on informing my sister of my intention. Hope to join Bersih 3.0 soon!!!!