Friday 17 February 2012

OFA coffee table book, part 12

Came back from an informal meeting on the coffee table table at the Old Frees' Association this afternoon. It was called at a short order to discuss the pictures that would be going into the book.

We have a problem here because many of the photos that we want for the book are of rather poor quality. The president thought that there would be great photos at the office but I cautioned him that I've more or less looked through the whole stack of photographs and frankly, I'm not impressed at all. I think after he looked through the albums himself, he may have come to the same conclusion. We've got to do the best with what we have then, and there aren't many.

Anyhow, the meeting turned into a discussion about meeting the deadline for the book. Since the Raja of Perlis and the Penang Governor have already confirmed their attendance at the Old Frees' Association's function on 31 Mar 2012, that's the deadline facing us now for the launch of the book. Everything will be proceeding full steam ahead from now on.

Luckily, I've already received my co-editor's half of the write-ups. My new task now consists of going through her stories to ensure that there is standardisation of format. Huge job to do there, as I haven't even completed all my existing tasks! Therefore, if you see less updates to this blog in the weeks to come, please pardon me as I won't be breathing easy until 31 March is over!

No comments: