Thursday 15 March 2012

OFA coffee table book, part 23

D-16 days till launch. That's the countdown for the launch of Fidelis, the commemorative book of The Old Frees' Association. People will laugh when I tell them that I had very little Internet connectivity whilst in Singapore but that was the truth of the matter.

Effectively from last Tuesday afternoon, my connection was cut off when my sister-in-law had to take back their laptop and USB modem for work. I could still have made use of the computer on Wednesday morning if I wanted to, but realised that getting ready to come back home to Penang was more important. Still, when I touched down at about six o'clock, my first telephone call was to William!


When I opened up my own computer here in Penang this morning, I found an email from the layout gang giving us in the editorial team the third proof for checking. At long last, we have settled for 208 pages, after the OFA president, Rajendren, had asked William to include, remove or rearrange various pictures.

Unfortunately, while both Rajendren and William have been busy adding captions to these pictures, they have not been consistent with the style guide. As was to be expected, there were errors strewn all over the place. Thus, I have been spending the better part of the morning going through all the pictures again as well as their captions. Twenty-five, to be exact, were discovered and they have been conveyed to the layout team for last-minute rectifications. (Twenty-six, according to Molly, who later emailed me one caption to add.)

I hope to receive the final proof back by tomorrow. Most probably by Monday, we should be able to wrap up everything with the final meeting. I'm rather anxious to look at the mock copy which the printer will provide us.


No comments: