Sunday 6 May 2012

Creatures @ Lunas

I made some interesting discoveries at the Buddhist Hermitage Lunas during Wesak yesterday. About the spider, it measured about six inches from the tips of one of its front legs to a back leg. Its body itself was about two inches long. Only the second time that I had seen such an impressive monster of an arachnid. The first was in September 2009: same type of spider but unfortunately, missing a leg.

The lizard was found walking slowly on a pavement. It saw me coming and scuttled to hide beneath a bush, keeping perfectly still with its eyes trained on me constantly. I was thinking to myself the whole time it took me to bring out the camera: please don't run away. It didn't. It just looked at me as I crept slowly forward and took several shots of it. I last saw a specimen in the wilds of the hill at Cherok Tokun, Bukit Mertajam in January 2008.








No comments: