Friday 9 August 2013

Avocado


My wife and I bought some avocados from the supermarket at the lower ground floor of The Gardens when we were at the Midvalley in Kuala Lumpur last month. Turned out that the fruits weren't good. It took the avocados ages to soften and when they did, we found quite a lot of fibrous tissue inside them. Moreover, the seeds were humongously huge. Quite a disappointment for us, considering that we paid about RM5 per fruit.

But we love avocados. And just a few days ago, we couldn't resist buying another batch from the AEON supermarket at the Seberang City Prai Shopping Mall in Bukit Mertajam. They went for a song: three avocados for only RM9.90 and what's more, they had been brought in from Australia.

This evening, I sliced open one of the fruits. They were already in various stages of ripening but there was one which was decidedly soft. Bearing in mind the disappointment of the avocados from Kuala Lumpur, I was delighted to find a soft, creamy interior. Now, that's more like it! Oh yummy, excuse me while I go scoop out the flesh now....


No comments: