Monday 6 January 2014

Visits from relatives and friends


I'm not getting any better physically fast enough to be taken to the next step of recovery but visits from several friends and relatives have certainly perked up my spirits.

Although I was unable to take more photos than I wanted, I would like to thank Lee Ewe Ghee (president of the Penang Chess Association) for bringing along Jimmy Ng from Singapore to visit me at the hospital on Friday night. Tan Heng Swee and his sweet wife, Alice, and Tang Long Kin have visited me several times since my hospitalisation, as well as Lim Eng Siang who came to my house on Wednesday.

My wife's side of the family has been very supportive and I have received visits from my parents-in-law, brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, as well as cousin Roland Choong and his parents, Choong Teik Hong and Alice Lee. Chess pals like Ung Tay Aik and Eric Cheah had turned up, as well as friends Ricky Khoo and Dato' Dr Ooi Eng Hock. Another old friend, Jeffrey Chew, turned up with a bouquet of flowers.

But the biggest fillip must be when four old school buddies - Yeoh Oon Hup, Ooi Ling Heong, Lim Teik Wah and Kee Thuan Chye - came to give me some cheer.

Unfortunately, I do not have pictures of everybody but here's one with my school buddies (Thuan Chye, Ling Heong and Teik Wah) together with cousin Roland.




No comments: