Wednesday 26 February 2014

Moon and Venus move closer


Okay, I made it a point to creep out of the house again this morning at about 6.45 a.m., the reason being to catch sight of the waning moon and the morning star. The good thing about a waning moon is that the moonlight does not overshine the other lights in the sky.

However, my neighbourhood is not exactly an ideal place for sky gazing. There are too many street lights and some of the houses tend to leave their porch lights switched on until morning. These interfere with anyone, especially me, who likes to gaze skywards every now and then.

This morning saw me share this incredible view with my wife. Like I mentioned yesterday, the moon would move closer to Venus. However, I could not visualise yesterday how close the two would seem in the dawn sky. We saw this view:


I should think that by tomorrow's dawn, the moon would have sank below Venus. Their relative distance in the sky may not be so close again but I'll have to wait and see. Who knows, there may be even a bonus to look out for tomorrow. Wish me luck!




No comments: