Saturday 12 July 2014

Moon in my face


Every once in a while, I am awoken by the bright moon shining directly into my face. This morning was one of those days. At about five o'clock in the morning, I became mindful that there was this bright light that was interfering with my sleep. Upon opening my eyes, there it was! Not wanting to waste a second of this splendid occasion, I jumped up to grab my camera and this was the result: the July full moon.

(But actually, it is not fully round yet. The occasion of the true full moon will occur in a few hours time. When I took this picture, the moon was still waxing. It can be seen that the upper edge of the disc in this picture isn't as bright or sharp as the lower edge. According to timeanddate.com, the illumination stands at 98.9 percent presently.)




No comments: