Thursday 14 May 2015

Expensive reunion in Singapore


Another small gathering with my old school mates and their families while I was in Singapore last week. Great to see all of you guys!

Seated, left to right: Mrs Kok Chuan, Kok Chuan's daughter, Kok Chuan, Kheng Hock, myself, Saw See; standing, left to right: Mrs Kah Keat, Kah Keat, Nai Kwang, Evelyn

We were at the Imperial Court Restaurant on the first floor of the Grassroots Club in Ang Mo Kio. The restaurant had some sort of promotion going on during that weekend, it being Mother's Day. Still, the bill came up to SGD698++ (plus 10% and 5%, if I understand correctly) which meant that that night's dinner amounted to a staggering RM2,176 after doing my exchange rate conversions! Thank you, fellas, we'll stick to bak chor mee in Upper Thomson Road next time okay?



No comments: