Tuesday 5 May 2015

Short holiday in Singapore


I'm heading down to Singapore today with my wife and son. Haven't been there for about two years already, no thanks to the exchange rate for the Singapore Dollar, but I've to make this trip because my wife has signed up the three of us for an Anthony Robbins seminar there.

So whether I like it or not, I shall have to bear with the unprecedented SGD1 = MYR2.70 exchange rate for the next six days. Luckily, we are able to stay at my brother-in-law's apartment in the Ghim Moh area of Singapore. That's our accommodation well taken care of, thankfully, and we only have to worry about our transportation and food.

But transportation in Singapore is a no-brainer with their super-efficient MRT service. Between the Singapore Expo and the Buena Vista stations, it is just a single MRT line - the East-West line - although there is a need to change trains at Tanah Merah. Plus, it is so easy to connect to everywhere else. And a wide variety of interesting food is available in all corners of Singapore. I shouldn't be complaining about this too, and I won't.

And finally, while in Singapore, I am also looking forward to meeting up with some of my old school mates again. We shall have dinner for sure, to catch up on the good old times.



No comments: