Monday, 15 January 2018
Being religious versus spiritual
I read this earlier on facebook and thought it was worthwhile enough to post on my blog. As the origin is unknown, I'm unable to give credit to its author.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING RELIGIOUS AND BEING SPIRITUAL:
A classmate sent this, just like to share the interesting pointers, n open up the minds to understand better about human relationship;
▪ Religion is not just one, there are hundreds.
▪ Spirituality is one.
▪ Religion is for those who sleep.
▪ Spirituality is for those who are awake.
▪ Religion is for those who need someone to tell them what to do and want to be guided.
▪ Spirituality is for those who pay attention to their inner voice.
▪ Religion has a set of dogmatic rules.
▪ Spirituality invites us to reason about everything, to question everything.
▪ Religion threatens and frightens.
▪ Spirituality gives inner peace.
▪ Religion speaks of sin and guilt.
▪ Spirituality says, "learn from error".
▪ Religion represses everything and in some cases it is false.
▪ Spirituality transcends everything, it brings you closer to your truth!
▪ Religion speaks of a god; It is not God.
▪ Spirituality is everything and therefore, it is in God.
▪ Religion invents.
▪ Religion does not tolerate any question.
▪Spirituality questions everything.
▪ Religion is human, it is an organization with men's rules.
▪ Spirituality is Divine, without human rules.
▪ Religion is the cause of divisions.
▪The spirituality unites.
▪ Religion is looking for you to believe.
▪ Spirituality you have to look for it to believe.
▪ Religion follows the precepts of a sacred book.
▪ Spirituality seeks the sacred in all books.
▪ Religion feeds on fear.
▪ Spirituality feeds on trust and faith.
▪ Religion lives in thought.
▪ Spirituality lives in Consciousness.
▪ Religion deals with doing.
▪ Spirituality has to do with the Self.
▪ Religion feeds the ego.
▪ Spirituality drives to transcend.
▪ Religion makes us renounce the world to follow a god.
▪ Spirituality makes us live in God, without renouncing us.
▪ Religion is a cult.
▪ Spirituality is meditation.
▪ Religion fills us with dreams of glory in paradise.
▪ Spirituality makes us live the glory and paradise here and now.
▪ Religion lives in the past and in the future.
▪ Spirituality lives in the present.
▪ Religion creates cloisters in our memory.
▪ Spirituality liberates our Consciousness.
▪ Religion makes us believe in eternal life.
▪ Spirituality makes us aware of Eternal Life.
▪ Religion promises life after death.
▪ Spirituality is to find God in our interior during life and death.
We are not mortal human beings who go through a spiritual experience. We are actually immortal spiritual beings who go through a temporary human experience.