Thursday 11 January 2018

The Fleetwood Mac of old


There are two sides to Fleetwood Mac. One is the blues Fleetwood Mac and the other is the pop Fleetwood Mac.

Frankly, I've never appreciated the pop Fleetwood Mac much. This transition from blues to pop was precipitated when Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer left the group in 1974 and new members Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks joined.

I wasn't impressed much by the change of direction although I must admit that I do have a copy of their best-selling album, Rumours, in my possession.

I still yearn for the Fleetwood Mac of old because I felt that the band was at their most impressive when performing songs like Albatross, Black Magic Woman and Man of the World. This record below that I own, a double album, is a Dutch pressing although the liner notes are in German.


Side One: Black magic woman, Jigsaw puzzle blues, Stop messin' around, Doctor Brown, Evenin' boogie, Albatross
Side Two: Need your love so bad, I've lost my baby, Coming home, I believe my time ain't long, The sun is shining, Rollin' man
Side Three: My heart beat like a hammer, Merry go round, Long grey mare, Hellhound on my trail, Shake your moneymaker, Looking for somebody
Side Four: No place to go, My baby's good to me, I loved another woman, Cold black night, The world keep on turning, Got to move




No comments: