Monday 23 April 2018

Late notification


With the annual general meeting of The Old Frees' Association taking place on 29 Apr 2018, I'm just wondering why I have only received my copy of the notice of meeting and the annual report today. I thought that the rules of the association would require that the members be notified of the meeting at least 14 days before it is held.

One of my friends in Kuala Lumpur received the notice of meeting last Friday, which meant that the letter from the OFA travelled faster from Penang to KL than within Penang itself.

Anyhow, I wanted to check when exactly did the OFA post out the letters to the members. Even here, I drew a blank because the cancellation mark on the envelope was mysteriously missing a date. How on earth can we ascertain the date when a letter was sent when Pos Malaysia doesn't add it to their cancellation??



No comments: