Tuesday 26 March 2019

Free latte

I've been a member of this Accorhotel chain for a few years now. Free membership that was thrust onto me some five years ago.

As a basic member there's not much of a benefit except perhaps some small discount on room bookings, a welcome drink and being seated at a member's corner at breakfast away from the riffraff crowd.

But this is good enough for me and that's why I don't mind staying at the Ibis Styles Fraser Business Park in KL.

Being a member also means that I can order eggs prepared to my liking and have unlimited access to their coffee machine for latte, cappuccino or espresso at breakfast, which makes me happy.

Last Thursday morning, I was speaking to the restaurant manager to comment on the tourist crowd. He looked harried during the peak breakfast hours. Sympathised with him and tut-tutted the whole time. I think not many guests bothered to talk with him.

The day after, I took a friend to the restaurant for some discussions. I asked for a latte for my friend and the restaurant manager, seeing us, even gave us some pastries from the morning breakfast spread. When we left later, I asked his staff whether I needed to pay for the coffee, seeing that it was well after breakfast hours. The manager came out and said no need. He even packed the uneaten pastries for me.

Sometimes, it pays to lend a sympathetic ear to others. 😄



No comments: