Monday 25 March 2019

Videos in the making



We looked surprised, even myself. Seemingly, the camera had almost caught everyone unawares. But the fact was that I had set the camera on timer mode and then had rushed back to ask my old schoolmates, Kumaravello and Siang Jin, to look into the lens.

We were all at a video production studio somewhere near the Cheras LRT station last week where we were putting together the rushes for a series of short documentaries on Penang Free School. I had written the script for the documentaries and we were now slotting in the stills and visual footage. Not having been in any studio before, I had no inkling about the process. Now, I appreciate the amount of work involved. For a five-minute documentary, it took at least about three to four hours to coordinate the stills and visuals with the voice-over.

I had done the initial voice-overs but they are apparently not good enough. My voice is not silky smooth and there's also not enough gruffiness or grumpiness in my delivery. So we're inviting another old friend come along later to have a go at the final voice-over. In the meantime, I've to tighten up the script a bit more to cut out any repetitive or superfluous stuff. Wish me luck!



No comments: