Friday 18 October 2019

Money and banking in Malaysia



My wife was asking why did I buy this book, Money and Banking in Malaysia, as my banking days were already long behind me? Well, it is because I missed it. Back in the late 80s or early 90s, there were two copies of this book in the Ban Hin Lee Bank library. I had already found it a very fascinating book when I first saw them.

In recent weeks, I realised that I needed this book to do some research on my old banking days. But where was I to find this book except to look for it on the Internet? Thankfully, I could still find a second-hand copy from Wonder Book and Video, a book store in Maryland, in the United States. Although the facility looks big from this picture, the town, Frederick, is so obscure that I had to look it up on the map. I grabbed the chance to bring the book home for good. So here it is with me now, every bit of information still as interesting as before although a tad bit outdated by modern reckoning.

I was a book worm then in the good old days. Used to read a lot whilst in the ferry between Butterworth and George Town. And lately, I've been trying to re-cultivate the habit of reading but mostly failing time and time again, as my other equally absorbing habit of collecting vinyl records overshadows everything!


No comments: