Monday 23 March 2020

Job done, finally!


I had meant to write this appreciation note about two weeks back but the coronavirus situation in the country simply overwhelmed everything else. Now that everyone is forced to stay in since the 18th of this month, I thought it an appropriate time to say that on 5 Mar 2020, I noticed a group of four men - workers employed by the contracted third-party company, no doubt, since they were not wearing the orange MBSP t-shirts - sweeping Lorong Jernih 4 and clearing the drains of clogged dirt and leaves, especially at a time when the tacoma trees were in full bloom.

So, thank you to the Province Wellesley City Council (Majlis Bandaraya Seberang Perai) for getting this job done....finally! And thank you too to the City Councillor, Michael Tan, for initiating this clean-up after listening to my complaint. But I do hope the contracted company will come back regularly to fulfil their end of the contract without me, or the other residents here, having to complain about them again.



No comments: