Sunday 29 November 2020

The beaver moon

The past few months have been particularly bad for moon photography in my part of the country and it is not because of any haze. No, the weather has been rather wet and cloudy at night. With thick clouds covering the moon there was very little to see outdoors. Tonight was a full moon and on several occasions earlier, I had tried to see whether or not I could see this bright spot in the sky. Unfortunately, no. Only a fuzzy spot. Then as I was about to give up at 11.05pm and go back in, the clouds partially cleared and allowed me a few precious seconds to ready myself with my camera. Well, at least I got this frame. It was not the best that I've ever achieved but under the challenging circumstances, I am satisfied.

Oh, by the way, there's supposed to be a lunar eclipse tomorrow but I'll be dashed if it can be seen properly from Malaysia. Even if the weather permits, the moon is at an almost impossible position for us to notice it. As the moon rises over the horizon at 7.03pm, the partial penumbral eclipse will already be reaching its maximum at 7.05pm and the moon then begins to move out from the earth's shadow. 



No comments: