Tuesday 9 March 2021

All in one frame

I woke up a bit later than intended this morning and had no time to go hunting for a better place to do some dawn planet gazing than right in front of my house. Hence, the unfortunate electrical pole in the picture. I did walk to the road junction about 50 metres away but the street lights were too glaring. Only the crescent of the waning moon was prominent enough. So back to the front of my house. Stood in the shadow of a tree to adjust myself and there they were: pinpricks of light, lining up roughly in a straight line leading from the moon, namely in order, a dim Saturn, then a bright Jupiter, and followed by an equally dim Mercury. All in the same picture frame. 

The image has been digitally manipulated, of course, to increase the contrast so as to reveal the three planets better but the process has also shown up a lens flare because my aperture size was held fully wide to capture as much of the dim light as possible.






No comments: