Saturday 4 September 2021

Jupiter in September

I haven't been able to take photographs of Jupiter for a very long time for two main reasons. The first is because the sky has been very cloudy and rainy for months. If it was not cloudy, then it was rainy. And if it wasn't rainy, then it was cloudy. The second reason was because my 50-150mm kit zoom lens developed a technical problem and couldn't focus properly at all above the 100mm focal length. I've bought a second-hand kit zoom lens as a replacement. I'm ready to go 150mm again.

Tonight, there was a break in the night sky. No rain and neither was the cloud cover that thick. I walked outside the house and saw Jupiter high above me. So I decided to take a few shots of the planet and hoped for the best. Time was 10.18pm. Considering my amateur equipment, not too bad. Out of the 15-odd shots I took, this one happened to be the most agreeable. Could see the little Galilean moons of Jupiter. But I had to turn to this website to determine which was which. By the way, Io and Europa were just too close together. Practically overlapping. Impossible for me to distinguish between them visually.



No comments: