Thursday 28 April 2022

Conjunction

A bit of a challenge for me this morning as I struggled to get out of bed at 6am but was rewarded with this wonderful sight outside the house. The first thing that struck me was the thin crescent moon and above it, the bright Venus and the slightly dimmer Jupiter. But I has to strain my eyes to catch the vastly dimmer Mars and Saturn. 

The moon at 8.8 percent illumination was located well below Jupiter, but all were roughly aligned in a straight line. Yesterday, it was positioned to the right of Venus and with Jupiter, they made for a triangle. 

What with the days now getting bright at an earlier time, I won't be able to see the moon by tomorrow as it will then be too low in the sky. So it was a last chance today. Glad that I managed to pull myself out of bed...

No comments: