Monday 20 June 2022

astro terminated

After years of dithering, I have finally made it happen: I cancelled my subscription to the astro satellite television service. All it took was a simple telephone call to their service centre. Of course, they did ask why I wanted to terminate my subscription. In my case, it was simply a matter of not watching television anymore. It's sad, isn't it? I don't watch television anymore. But to be more precise, I don't watch astro's satellite channels any more. So everything has been cancelled, log, stock and barrel, including my favourite Channel 321. It takes effect from Thursday before the next billing period kicks in. And if there's anyone else who wants to unsubscribe from astro's services, the number to call is 03.74988000

A friend asked me how long I had subscribed to astro. Frankly, I can't remember but it has to be after my father had died because I know that he never got a chance to watch astro. Not that I didn't want to subscribe then but because astro only came into being in 1996, which was the year he died. So perhaps I can roughly say from the late Nineties? No matter, it must be roughly 25 years. Then this friend asked a second question: do I know how much I had spent on paying the subscriptions all this time? I was shocked by this unexpected question but I was more shocked when I realised that it had added up to a small fortune. And in the last two years or so, I have been contributing to the astro coffers without getting any gratification in return. So let me say again: if there's anyone who wants to unsubscribe from astro's services, the number to call is 03.74988000

But don't say I instigate you, okay? I shall buat tak tahu.


No comments: