Saturday 1 September 2007

Life-sized mythology


I was at this place called Bee Chin Heong in Kimberley Street, Penang this morning and I couldn't help not taking this snapshot of Tripitaka and his three disciples. No prize for guessing correctly who the three disciples are. Bee Chin Heong sells all kinds of prayer paraphernalia for Chinese devotees.

Anyway, the four statues are almost life-sized - I'm not kidding you and here's proof: one of my relatives standing beside a statue - and would fit nicely into anybody's garden ... IF the garden is big enough.

Oh yes, I also came across this. It's so huge that I doubt whether Wong Fei Hong would be able to play with it, let alone dance with it. I think it's more suitable as a display item inside someone's mansion or a Chinese association.

No comments: