Saturday 8 March 2008

Voted in Seberang Jaya today

At 10.55am this morning, I cast my vote for my parliamentary and state representatives at the Sekolah Kebangsaan Seberang Jaya in Taman Siakap, Seberang Jaya. Did you exercise your rights? Please do....


This is outside the school gate. Strange that there was hardly anyone walking in or out of the school when I snapped this shot. But inside, there were queues of people waiting patiently for their turns to cast their votes.


I couldn't help noticing that the makeshift sheds erected outside the school, meant to help voters find their polling lines, were so much bigger for the Barisan Nasional (left shed) than the Parti Keadilan Rakyat's on the right.


My wife voted at 3.45pm at the Sekolah Menengah Sains in Jalan Damai, Bukit Mertajam. Guess who we met along the road: our Barisan state candidate himself, Lau Chiek Tuan. We exchanged pleasantries.


The school is big. Here's a snapshot of people walking towards the school buildings. It has been raining rather heavily in the afternoon. Umbrellas were out.

No comments: